Friday

Tofu Aloo Paratha- Tofu Potato Flat bread



Hello dearies, I am back today with another new find that my family has started liking. My kids love love aloo parathas which I am struggling to make using real potatoes. So I use substitute like the mashed potato powder which is glutten free and safe for kids with allergies. Although we have no such allergies, glutten free is what attracted me towards it and I brought the box home. Ever since I found this powder, my aloo parathas are a quick and breeze. But again my guilt kept haunting me of using a short cut and using potatoes only. Then I brought tofu thinking since everyone says so many good things about it, it might be as easy as 1 2 3 to get my kids to like it. HA HA..if only things were this easy, my kids refused to even look at it... I then garted the tofu and added it to the dry potato powder, used a bit of my green chutney to wet the mixture and made small balls of the mixture and stuffed in the parathas. They did not even realize that they are actually eating tofu and ate way too many parathas. Happy mom was I that day!!!

You will need;
Makes 3-4 smalll parathas/flatbread
for stuffing
1 cup potato powder
1/4th cup grated tofu
green chutney-- approx 2 tbspn
water if needed to mix/bind the potato powder
salt to taste
1tspn Garam masala

Mix the dry potato powder and grated tofu, garam masala and salt, then add the green chutney and water if needed to make it into a soft pliable dough. Keep aside.

For cover;
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tspn salt
1 tbspn oil
water as needed to knead into a soft dough

In a bowl, mix the oil and salt and water and knead into a soft pliable dough.

Making the parathas,
Follow the pictorial;
1. Make equal size balls of the cover and stuffing


2. Roll a small round of the cover and put the stuffing in it and fold from all sides and roll that in some flour, dust the rolling surface with some flour and



3. Roll into a small round roti or paratha or


4. Heat a pan on medium heat and roast the paratha on both sides. After it gets cooked, grease with some oil/butter and let fry for a minute. serve hot with yogurt, pickle or any side of your choice. MY kids enjoyy with some ketchup.

My kids love everything and anything with ketchup, but then its another story and another post.

Photobucket

11 comments:

foodydelight said...

Very delicious..

foodydelight.com

Square Meals said...

Looks yummy Ash :-)
Aparna

Lavanya said...

Looks yummy n superb
http://lavanyasrecipes.blogspot.com/

Manasi said...

Potato powder! now that is different.
looks fab!

Priya Suresh said...

Wat a healthy parathas, wish to have anytime.

Julie said...

Looks very delicious,Ash..I too just posted a tofu recipe,same pinch..

Join me in the ONGOING EVENT- "Mint & Coriander seeds" (EP Series-Apr)
ERIVUM PULIYUM

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

mouthwatery combo..cant wait to giv a try now..;P
Tasty Appetite

Unknown said...

Healthy twist to aloo parathas.

Blackswan said...

U use tofu in your paratha? How clever! I'm sure it was a hit!

Zari(Nilam) said...

Tofu stuffed paratha...sounds delicious.I will try.

Sensible Vegetarian said...

Yummy looking parathas.