Tuesday

Lowfat Almond Banana Bread


I mostly make my Banana Bread, in the way V my BFF shared with me. I usually do not have any leftover Banana's on hand, But this time I was lucky enough to have 2 on hand., so without any delay, I put myself to work and made the cake and around 6 muffins. We ate one right when It came out of the oven, so it's missing in the picture. This is also Low fat as made with oil, you can use any kind of oil, I had vegetable oil on hand, but any low fat oil or applesauce can be used to eliminate the fat totally.

You will need;

1 and 1/2 very ripe banana's
1 and 1/2 cup All purpose Flour
1 cup brown Sugar, I used white sugar
1/2 cup almonds coated with 1 tbspn All Purpose flour
1/2 cup oil
1 and 1/2 tsp bakg soda or use 1Tbspn ENO(Fruit Salt)
1 tbspn vanilla essence
1 egg

Cream oil and Sugar, add the egg, add the flour and baking soda, add vanilla essence and nuts
Beat well for 4-5 mins on medium,Fold in mashed Ripe bananas to the mix well..please fold in as mixing will make it hard and the cake will not be soft and spongy. Preheat oven @ 350, Bake @ 350Degree for 15-20 mins or till knife comes out clean.

Make some and enjoyy!!!

Sending this to the Snack Mela.Round-up

Photobucket

4 comments:

Manasi said...

Nice! The almonds must add to the flavor and of course a bit of a crunch.
I like to eat a slice or a cupcake with a cuppa tea............ aaaah!

Gauri Trivedi said...

Really loved this recipe...will try it for sure..

PrathibhaSreejith said...

Almond Banana bread looks perfect and yummy :)

rozena said...

it looks awsome:) now I'm hungry:)
please vistit
www.rozenagrey.blogspot.com
or
www.blok.koty2.com