Wednesday

Vanilla Cake with Buttercream Frosting


I made this cake for my son's daycare teachers as an end of the year "Thank You:" The new school year has started and Halloween is just around the corner. September 5th is celebrated as Teachers Day in India. When I was in High School, my school had started a new tradition of students acting as teachers for one day. The students were Grade X students who were supposed to teach lower classes from Grades 1 to 8. I guess, the logic behind this experiment was that students understand that being a teacher is one of the toughest and most satisfying job one can have, so keeping that in mind I made this cake for my most precious teachers at Rainbow Academy, Iselin, NJ.  No cake is enough to say in words what you guys mean to me and my family. Thank you for being the best.

The cake is a simple Vanilla Buttermilk Cake and I used the Wilton ready to use Buttercream icing and I had some Coloured sugar on hand. I hope you enjoy making the cake and have fun in gifting that to your teachers and loved ones.

"It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

 And for the great news.. This cake was featured on Amy's Decorating challenge. Thanks Amy!!!!!




Love Ash.

7 comments:

Umm Mymoonah said...

Your son's teacher is lucky to have this beautiful cake, looks lovely!

Unknown said...

Thanks dear. I am lucky to have such wonderful teachers.

Manasi said...

Such a lovely gesture! and a lovely cake too :))

Archana said...

Lovely cake. Thanks for your lovely comment.
I am hosting Fast Food not Fat Foot event. Do check out my event and send me your entries.

Kavi said...

Beautiful cake, Ash! First time at your blog & I love it! :)
-
Kavi | Edible Entertainment

Amila said...

wow!!this is so beautiful & love this colours...so appealing to eyes.Teachers must be lucky to recieve such a nice treat!!
Thanks a lot for linking with Decorating Challenge-Buttercream Icing

Teena said...

I was just glancing through your cake recipes. All are awesome & yum!! If you are willing to, you can send this recipe and other sweet & romantic recipes to my ''Valentine's Day Event' before Feb 20th :) Eagerly waiting to see more of your creativity!