Monday

Home Made Whole Wheat Bread

I have been following Rhonda Of Down to Earth blog.. She is an amazing person, although I don't know her, I got attracted to her Simple life and easy living.. in her blog she describes her life working on the farm, doing voluntary work and house work with equal passion...I cannot do as much as hers, but to get started with Simple living, I did try baking a bread at home...I have never ever baked  a bread at home.. so the idea did not go well with my hubby, who thought if you can get a loaf in the supermarketet, whats the point in putting in so much efforts...But ever sincee I read her Bread rec, I had to had try it. and believe it or not the whole exercise took me less than 10 mins hard work....I do not have bread maker at home so I use Gods Little helpers....My Hands to knead the dough...Folowed her rec to the "T" and Bingo.. I got it.. My family just hogged on the bread and Warm bread out of the oven with dollop's of Butter.. I was in heaven!!!!!!!!!!!

The Rec is at;

Only changes I did were, I did not have Gluten so skipped that and also did not have Milk Powder so skipped that too....Basically I used only three Things, 2.5 cups Whole wheat Flour, 0.5 cup All purpose flour and 2Tbspn Yeast activated in warm water with sugar and salt...


So do give it a try.. I used Cumin seeds on the top of the loaf just to try it.. next time will use oats or sesame seeds depending on how I shape the bread....So long till I bake again!!!!!

Love Ash.

8 comments:

Vrushali said...

Ash - The Baker :)...the bread looks more than perfect ...this is must try recipe ..very healthy by using WW and tht cumin on top ...will taste perfectly like jeera butters :)

Vrushali said...

Ash- The Baker :) ..another good recipe and the use of WW is sure healthy for bread ...and tht cumin on top will make it taste like jeera butter :) ...more than perfect bread!!! Thanks!!!

Unknown said...

Thnks Vrushali;
Love your input as always...
Love Ash.

Unknown said...

Thanx ashwini, this is my project which I intend to carry out in the near future...as above some1 said above,,..it does look like jeera butter ....feel like sinking my teeth in2 it right away... as always ur an inspiration..

Anonymous said...

quick question.

Amazing!!..did u use the roti ka atta (i use sujata)
is that ok? i wana try this out

AMisha

Unknown said...

Thanks Amisha Ji;
Yes I did use Roti ka Atta.. I had Aashirwad on hand so used that.. Vrushali also tried this Bread and she added Jalapeno peppers and Cheese and made a spicy Cheese bread...Basic Rec same hain.. add on u can try as per your likes....
Love
Ash.

Anonymous said...

thanks ji..do u add jalapeno to the flour or as topping before u bake? how abt the chees..i have both on hand now!

Ami

Unknown said...

I guess you can add it to the flour..I did not try it.. I like plain bread and cheese on Toast like an open cheese toast...if you try please let me know...