Monday

Elmo Cupcakes

My friends Son Turned 3 this July. As all kids his age he is fascinated with Elmo and SS gang.. but Elmo is his hot hot fav...his underpant has Elmo, his Tshirt has Elmo and enything evrything Elmo is a huge hit with him.........so i decided to bake him these supercute Elmo cupcakes. BUt wnated to try a different version of the cake as Most of us are Vegeterians, so my search to an tried and tested rec. came to an halt at Aayi's rec blogspot.. am in awe of the blogger...so this is her rec.. only change I made was used Eno--Fruit Salt instead of the baking pwdr and the results were awesome... for the cake rec.;

http://www.aayisrecipes.com/2008/10/03/pineapple-cakeeggless/

am planning on making cookie monsters also along with these Elmo's for my sons 3 rd bday in school....wht say... please pour in your suiggestions and do try these out.. they are super cool for any party any age kids........

3 comments:

Manasi said...

Loved the cupcakes! Elmo seems to be a hit with may kids. My son isn't caught up in that, yet!
I seem to have this hangup abt eggless cake, they turn out denser than i like them and a bit chewy and I am no baker, so I haven't really experimented much.
I like Shilpa's blog too.

Unknown said...

Thanks Manasi.. One thing I found out was, If I used ENO instead of baking powder my cake is lighter and softer...it sure works for me.. so just like YOu add Eno to dhokla.. I add to the cake then bake it in Preheated oven....try kar mag sang mala

Amila said...

wow!! they look so pretty & cute!!